An excellent step-by-step simulation of the industrial processes of sulfuric acid production.
Educational Price $79.00
Sulfuric Acid Production is an excellent industrial process simulation, with a tutorial to aid students in developing a strong understanding of the subject. This extensive package fits well into both junior and senior science and industrial chemistry study areas.
Interactive Sulfuric Acid plant model.
Close up views of catalyst interactions.
This software contains both a Simulation and Tutorial Section to aid students in their understanding of this complex process.
The catalyst section shown above allows students to investigate the molecular interactions while still controlling the processes.
Discover why extra oxygen is used.
The effect of temperature on the catalyst.
In the model your students can examine:
- The path of the gases.
- Reactions involved in the process.
- The contact process and the effect of different catalysts.
- Effect of gas concentrations, pressure and temperature.
A detailed tutorial section develops a greater understanding of the various phases in the production of this important chemical. Areas covered include:
- Historical aspects of manufacture.
- Uses of Sulfuric Acid, both historical and modern.
- SO2 production.
- The Contact Process.
- Absorption, storage and transport.
Recommended simulation experiments for your class are available free:
- Relative Amounts of Reactants
- Relative Amounts of Reactants II
- The Effect of Catalysts
- The Effect of Flow Rate on Catalysts
- Effect of Pressure
- Effect of Temperature
- Economic Conditions
Mac OSX & Microsoft Windows