Interactive experiments for the high school and college chemistry student.
Educational Price $Call
Model ChemLab is a unique product incorporating both an interactive simulation and a lab notebook workspace with separate areas for theory, procedures and student observations. Commonly used lab equipment and procedures are used to simulate the steps involved in performing an experiment. Users step-through the actual lab procedure while interacting with animated equipment in a way that is similar to the real lab experience.
ChemLab comes with a range of pre-designed lab experiments for general chemistry at the high school and college level. Users can expand upon the original lab set using ChemLab's LabWizard development tools, thus allowing for curriculum specific lab simulation development by educators. These user designed simulations combine both text based instructions and the simulation into a single distributable file.
- ChemLab Design:
- Easy to use lab interface modeled on common lab procedure
- Student lab notebook workspace area
- Real time animated interactive simulation engine
- Lab Wizard tools for easy user created lab simulations
- Support for plug-in lab simulations extensions
- Demonstration mode, allows user to capture and replay a simulation.
- Integration with RasMol molecular viewer
- Integrated Periodic Table application with quiz
- Available in English, Spanish and French
- Lab equipment:
- Beakers, Erlenmeyer and Florence flasks, test tubes, graduated cylinders, burets, eye dropper, pipets, watch glasses, filtering flask with buchner funnel, bunsen burner, hot plate / Magnetic stirrer, stirring rods, evaporation dish, calorimeter, conductivity meter, geiger counter, potentiometer, Spectrophotometer and others…
- Balances: centigram, electronic and high sensitivity balance
- Distillation equipment setup: distillation flask with heating mantel, distillation head, condenser and distillation take-off
- Common Lab Procedures:
- Titration, Decanting /pouring
- Heating and hot/cold water baths
- Temperature, weight, pH, conductivity, voltage and volume measurements
- Plot titration curves
- Large selection of pre-defined labs simulations:
- Acid/base reactions, bond lab, cations reactions, electrochemistry, equilibrium, flame lab, fractional crystallization, fractional distillation, gas laws, gravimetric analysis, kinetics, nuclear chemistry, redox reactions, stoichiometry, thermal chemistry, volumetric analysis, water quality, weak acid titration and many more.. (See Current Lab List)
- Additional simulations developed by third parties (see UDL Library Exchange page)
- Lab Wizards (Professional Edition):
- Allow users to create customized lab simulations
- Lab Wizard steps users through process of new lab creation
- Single distributable file
- Lab Demonstration Mode:
- Allows Professional users to capture lab simulations as they perform it and save in a demo file
- Add comments and other messages to demonstration file
- Single distributable demo file
- Playback demonstration files in both Professional and Standard editions of ChemLab
- Free updates from Model Science web site:
- Registered users can download updates and new Lab simulations from the Model Science web site.
- Wide Range of Applications:
- Ideal for distance learning, demonstrations, lab run-throughs, pre-lab work, dangerous and environmentally hazardous, expensive, or lengthy labs.
- System Requirements