Investigate the food chains and webs of one of Australia's most common community types.
Educational Price $79.00
Construct hundreds of simple or complex food chains and webs using up to 30 available organisms. Food Webs: Australian Woodlands is ideal for use with both junior and senior science students.
Investigate the influence of introduced species by adding them to a native food web.
The construction of food chains and webs could not be simpler - just drag your selected organism around the screen and drop it in position.
Predator/Prey relationships (links) require only a double click on the prey then a double click on the predator.
Teacher controlled report options allows you to control:
- Direct student feedback - Visual reports and Red arrows indicate incorrect links.
- No visual reports or red arrows - Reports can be printed at end of exercise. Great for testing.
Model simple food chains over 25 years, to investigate predator/prey relationships, using the Predator/Prey model system.
Full Web Modeling
- Up to 30 species can be modelled for 25 years.
- Change the web easily during modelling to introduce of new species and a change the ecosystem.
- Control rainfall. Cause droughts or much needed rain.
- Allow bushfires.
- Introduce farming into the ecosystem.
- Animal migration can be turned on or off.
- Graphs of modelled data include biomass pyramid with consumers levels.
- View and printout seasonal and yearly data.
- Save data as text files which can be loaded into speadsheets etc for later analysis.
- Change species start numbers for your food web.
- Your food web and model data can be easily saved.