The incredible power of Starry Night complete with middle school curriculum support.
Educational Price $219.00
Award-winning Starry Night Middle School for grades 5-8 is the only space science curriculum that combines an interactive sky simulator, lesson plans correlated to state and national standards and extensive teacher resources in one easy-to-use package. Adopted by Arkansas and New Mexico, Starry Night Middle School has proven to be a highly effective instructional tool that guides teachers and engages students in their explorations and understanding of the Universe.
Starry Night provides:
- Lessons plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets and much more
- Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles
- Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
- Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
- Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
- Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
Meeting all your curriculum standards is easy with Starry Night Middle School, an integrated space science curriculum solution written by teachers for teachers.
Aligned to 5th through 8th grade national and state science standards, Starry Night Middle School introduces astronomy through innovative lessons that teach the critical space science concepts for science assessments.
Starry Night's realistic depiction of the universe and its stunning 3D graphics and multimedia make even the most complex and abstract astronomy topics easy to teach and understand.
Students will instantly grasp how movements of the Earth create seasons, why the night sky appears to move, and much more.
The ability to interactively manipulate time and space encourages questioning, experimentation and exploration. Guided inquiry-based learning lets students make their own observations and draw their own conclusions.
Research confirms that Starry Night is a highly effective science instructional tool. Recent studies have concluded that accurate visualizations of celestial phenomena are key to gaining a correct understanding of astronomical concepts.
Complete with formative and summative assessment tests, detailed lesson plans, hands-on activities, student worksheets and computer exercises, Starry Night Middle School is sure to spark your students' fascination with the Universe.
Starry Night Middle School is:
- US and Canadian curriculum specific
- Full of pre-tested activities and exercises
- Designed specifically for middle school students
- Hands-on and interactive
- Fun and simple to use
- 28 detailed lesson plans
- Interactive computer exercises
- Hands-on classroom activities
- Conceptual background for teachers
- Discussion questions
- Assessment tests and answer keys
- Resource lists
- Glossary of astronomical terms
- 4 lesson plans, focused on the reclassification of Pluto, unmanned space exploration, astronomy and black holes
- Math and observing extensions for most lessons
- Revised and expanded assessment resources
- Pre-assessment Idea Diagrams and Concept Maps identify pre-conceptions
- Thinking Grids and Contrast and Compare charts develop logical and critical thinking skills
- Drawing Completion activities and KWL charts assess student understanding
- Easy-to-use Scoring Rubric evaluate learning of science content and process
- Expanded library of astronomy simulations
- Lesson Plans at a Glance help you choose the lesson plans that best fit your curriculum requirement
- QuickStart Guide for teachers new to astronomy or using Starry Night for the first time
- Travel through time from 4713 BC to 9999 AD
- Visit 2.5 million stars
- View exclusive Tully database and explore 13,000 deep space objects of the NGC-IC catalog
- Fly through the universe in spaceship mode to experience the vastness of space
- Plan observing sessions using Events Finder full of upcoming astronomical events
- Turn on custom constellation illustrations to view the animals and people from Greek and Roman mythology.
- And much more!
Mac OSX & Microsoft Windows